Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Work on the House

We spent this weekend working on the house and doing a little furniture shopping! If you are in need of a lot of furniture and don't mind driving a little ways for good prices, Woodland, Miss. is a great place to go! they have 5 huge warehouses of furniture at unbeatable prices. We found this leather ottoman that we are going to use as a coffee table in the living room. It's made by Braddington Young and we only paid a little more than some of the ottomans we were looking at around here that were not even real leather.


We also found a sleigh bed that we love for super cheap too! So exciting! Now we will actually get to sleep in a queen bed when we move to our new house (we've been in a tiny double bed for the last two years that I love because it's an antique, but it is a little small).


We also painted the guest room - I bought the Benjamin Moore "Woodlawn Blue" that I had planned to re-paint the dining room with, but after we sat down in the room and started discussing it, we decided we really had too much to do to be re-painting rooms that we had already painted and I think the color we already did is going to work so we moved on to the guest room and we love it! I think we are going to paint the ceiling of the porch this color. Here's how it turned out...


We are super excited too that the scuppernong vines are loaded with scuppernongs that should be ready around September. We hope we can get to them before the deer do so we can make homemade jelly...my mom and grandmother always made it when we were growing up and it was so good!

So that was our weekend. Please pray for my dad - he's having surgery on Tuesday and will be in the hospital for several days. Thanks!

5 comments:

Karen Isbell said...

Will be praying for sure! House looks great! Hope to see it in real life one day!

The Dyer Family said...

hi! i work with shealy and (formerly - sad!) brooke, and i found your blog through theirs. you have beautiful taste in home decorating, and i can tell you have an eye for antiques. do you know of anywhere that has salvaged entry doors nearby. i found a place in geogia near hogansville - need to make a day trip soon. you got any inside tips??? thanks!! katie d. :)

The Gentrys said...

Hi Katie! Shealy and Brooke have mentioned you several times when talking about school - I'm so glad you read our blog! I do love hunting for antiques! I'm anxious to go to Scott's in Atlanta as I've heard it's a great place to find things. As for doors, the place that comes to mind locally is Historic Possibilities by J Marsh Enterprises. I haven't made it over there yet, but I pass it every Sunday going to church and it looks like they have a lot of interesting salvaged architectural pieces (I've seen doors and windows etc through the window). Here is the website http://www.historicpossibilities.com/. I'll let you know if I think of anywhere else!

The Dyer Family said...

awesome- I always forget about John Marsh!! He would be very helpful (hopefully not too expensive). I will let you know if I end up over there soon. I'll also give you a report on that place in GA (cannot remember the name OR the town just now). We are planning to make a little day trip in the next few weeks.

Mary Lindsey said...

all the new furniture looks so good. mama told me you were going shopping and everything looks so wonderful. can't wait to see how it looks in your house!