
After crying nonstop for 3 days, we got on the phone Sunday and found some puppies to check into. We headed to Tuscaloosa and then to Birmingham yesterday evening and came home late last night with Jake...a white English lab.

We know we can never replace Tripp and we wouldn't want to. He was the best dog I could ever imagine and as I type this I'm starting to cry again. We just loved him so much and he was so precious and good. I've gotten so many emails and messages from many of you other dog lovers who have completely understood how hard this has been - thank you for your thoughts!
But, we knew we wanted to have a dog in our lives and since the first few months with a puppy are so hard training them etc. and we knew we wouldn't have the time to dedicate to that after the baby comes, we decided to go ahead and start again right away while I am at home and have some extra time.

So far Jake seems like he is going to be a sweet dog. At the moment he is sleeping at my feet. He is already into everything and chewing more than I remember Tripp chewing when he was young (he was only 6 months old, but never chewed anything but his toys anymore), but Tripp was already 9 weeks when we got him and Jake is only 7. I know he won't be the same, but I'm praying he will be a good dog. He has a lot to live up to if he wants to be like his big brother!
12 comments:
Oh my gosh he is so stinkin adorable. If I ever got a lab, I would want a white one. They are so pretty. I am so glad yall decided to go ahead and get another dog. It is so hard to say goodbye but life is better with a dog than without!!!
Oh I'm so glad you guys decided to get another little one. As hard as it is, I know I would need another puppy too. I'm such a dog person though. Jake looks like Ray! They could be friends.
Oh Ashley - I have to meet him! He is so cute and I know that you will be glad you can start training him before the baby comes. We need to get together so Jake can meet his Auburn dog pals!
Congrats on Jake, he is beautiful. I cried this morning when I read about Tripp, I know yall will miss him but Jake and the new baby will bring a ton of joy!
Also, I know you guys were the BEST parents to Tripp. He had a wonderful life, although short. Most dogs never have the home and love that Tripp had. Now, you get to provide the same love and care to Jake. What lucky puppies! And...i'm starting to tear up too! I just feel your pain :) Good luck with the puppy phase!
Jake is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to get my hands on him!
He's so cute, hope the training goes well!
Oh my goodness he is absolutely adorable. Ashley, I just sat here and cried reading your posts about Tripp. I am sure you can remember how I feel about dogs, they are your family. I am obsessed with my dogs and love them so much, I know you felt the same way about Tripp. I really admire you for going through all of this while being pregnant. Emotions are already out of control and this has to be so hard to deal with. If you need anything please let me know. I will be praying for you and your family.
He is absolutely adorable! I am so glad you got another puppy and especially so early before baby G arrives.
he is so cute! I hope he can fill some of the void that Tripp left. I can't imagine what we would do!
Jake is beautiful! Did you get him in a kennel in birmingham? I have been wanting a new lab, and he makes me want one!!
I would love one, but i think we are looking for a male. I will just have to enjoy seeing pics of Jake for the time being!
Post a Comment