This weekend, Phil spent several hours working in the yard and I wish I had a before picture because you would not believe the difference. He cleared out all the brush by the pond and it looks amazing. It had gotten so thick you couldn't walk in it and definitely couldn't see the pond. Now it looks so nice :) Good job Phil!
Jake has gotten to play a little on the dock, but I'm keeping him under close watch right now.
I think he is really going to be a good dog. He's almost sleeping through the night already. He is different from Tripp though in many ways, but one we have noticed the last few days is he really likes to be outside. Tripp was usually content to be inside with me and just follow me around all day and sleep. If I left Tripp outside for long he would be at the door whining to come back in. Not so with Jake. Of course I'm not leaving him outside alone, he's too young and I'm too scared after what happened with Tripp, but when I try to get him to come in after a few minutes of playing outside, he sometimes runs from me. So, I'm trying to talk Phil into getting a fence for our backyard. We have a pen, but it's too small for him to run around in and play and I feel guilty leaving him in it for long periods of time. If we could get a fence, I would feel better leaving him outside more. So we are looking at something like this:

I'm trying to convince Phil to go to Tuscaloosa with me today to look at some different options. He's not sold on it yet, but hopefully he will be soon. It would help my peace of mind so much.
3 comments:
Love that fence, hope you are able to get one!
Jake is just precious Ashley! I was so sad to read about Tripp but am glad y'all have a new friend now :)
The fence would be great for Jake and the little children to play safely in, esp. with the deep woods and nearby creek. That one in the pic is very nice. We'll come help!
Love you all!
Post a Comment