Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dining Room Design

Work has been a little slow today so I started playing with the scanner and putting together the ideas I have for our dining room. I have the drape fabric and the table and we are going to buy the paint next time we head that way, but the chandelier and chairs are on my wish list.

Speaking of paint, does anyone have any suggestions for painting before or after installing hardwood floors? One person told me I should paint before we install the floors because if you wait until afterwards, you'll never get all the dust off the walls and it will get in your paint. Then the guy who is actually going to lay the floors said to paint after he puts them in because the sander will probably bump into the walls and chip the paint causing us to have to touch everything up. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ashley, do post a picture of your rug. Where is the pottery barn outlet you went to? Is it in ATL or north of it? I wish we had one close by. BTW, the shirt you have on in the braves game pic, I have it in purple. Love it!