Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Portstone?

Remember my post about brick floors, well I have done some research and the pictures I showed that I loved most were from a place that made the brick pavers from antique brick. I got an estimate and for 700 square feet it was going to be close to $4,000 (just for the pavers and shipping! We would still have to do the labor and buy all the supplies!) So that is out. Then I came across another place that sells brick pavers only they are not actually real brick. It's called Portstone. Has anyone heard of it? I have e-mailed them to ask them for a quote, but haven't heard back yet.

Here are two pictures from their website. The above one we could agree on. The one below is "salvaged brick" which I sort of liked, but Phil said absolutely not! There are several different ones to chose from though.

Any thoughts? We thought this might be cheaper and is supposed to be super easy to install which would be good since we are going to do it ourself. With real brick you have to make sure your floors are strong enough to support them and there is a lot of prep work etc...

4 comments:

Karen Isbell said...

I haven't heard anything about this product but i think the top picture is beauitful! Cheaper and easier is always better!!

Courtney said...

Those brick floors are beautiful. I can't wait to see your finished house!

Elizabeth said...

I love all the pictures you find! Our camera has arrived and my mother is coming this weekend to help me make some decorating decisions, so I should be getting the hardwood/brick photos to you soon :)

Stacy and John said...

It looks really pretty!!