Here is the lamp that I am loving for our bedroom - one for each side of the bed. It is from Overstock.com and it is brushed nickle and crystal. I love the shade on this one too because it will go well with the curtains and the brushed gold mirror we found for really cheap at Ross (sorry, don't have a picture right now).
I've also seen a cheaper version of this lamp, but instead of being crystal, it is acrylic. I wonder how well that will hold up? This one below is acrylic from LampsPlus.com. It is about half the price of the first one, but the shipping is ridiculously high so once you pay that, they aren't too much cheaper than the crystal one (overstock.com's shipping is only $2.95 for your entire order!). There is also a similar acrylic one at Target, but it is only the base (no shade etc...)
Once again, here is the bedding and curtains that I love from The Chandler Collection. A friend of mine had this bedding and curtains when we were in college and I've always loved it! 
So that is our bedroom! I have two side tables that are close to the same size that I am thinking I will paint white to use for the two bedside tables and we may use our red buffet Any thoughts on the lamps? Is it worth a little more to get the crystal instead of acrylic?
4 comments:
i would get the crystal - overstock prices are worth it, and you'll hate the acrylic after a while. lamp selection is constantly the bane of my existence - i can never find the the right shade, when i do it costs a million dollars, cheap lamps suck, the list goes on. when i was younger, i never imagined i would develop so many lamp related issues!! good luck choosing. :)
we have that same first lamp in our guest bedroom. our's is from target, and i love it!
Hey Ashley. Aunt Trina told me to check out the blog, and I'm loving it. Cute lamps. My friend has an acrylic one, and it's held up for a long time. I know Target has some like this, so you can compare prices. Have a good week!
I love your choices! I think that you should decide what you would rather spend your money on, because target really does have some great options and if you have other stuff you want to buy, it might be worth it to get the acrylic, especially if you can't tell a difference in the way it looks. the other important thing would be that the lamp has a heavier base- so that it doesn't tip over easily- if you find that in a cheaper lamp I would definitely get that.
Post a Comment