Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thankful

Phil left for his Birmingham rotation today and I am trying not to be sad! While he'll be back off an on for the next 5 weeks, it is still hard. I am so thankful for the opportunity for him to go through this rotation because it will help him learn more about independent pharmacies and the business side of running a pharmacy which will be so beneficial for his future. So this morning when I was having my prayer time, I tried to dwell on the things we are thankful for instead of being sad about him leaving.

I realized that the majority of my posts have to do with decorating / renovating our house which makes sense because that is a big part of our life right now, but it's not the most important part. While I find things for our house that I think are beautiful and would love to have, those things are not what is important. I am so thankful for all the blessings the Lord has given us. I was thinking about all these things this morning during my prayer time. Here is a short list of the things I am most thankful for:

~ That we are saved by grace through faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and we are assured of our salvation.

~ My wonderful husband who you all know I am pretty much obsessed with!

~ Both of our amazing families. We were both so blessed to be raised in strong Christian homes with the same values. I could not ask for a better family to have grown up with or to have married into - We love ya'll!

~ Faithful friends

~ Our home - both in Auburn and the one we hope to raise our family in

~ First Baptist Opelika - our church - where we have gone for the last 6 years and have grown so much in our faith and the friends we have made there

~ Our jobs - while I'm sure most people would prefer to be doing other things than going to work each day, I have to admit that our jobs are a blessing and the ability to work is a blessing

While there is so much more to be thankful for, I'll leave it at that for today. What are you most thankful for in your life?

Oh one more...that fall is on the way - hence the picture - it is way too hot!

4 comments:

John and Brooke said...

I totally know how you feel about Phil leaving. If you ever are having a pity party and just need to whine to someone who has been there, done that please call me!!

Maryanna said...

Aw. I know Brant will take good care of Phil. Maybe you can use this time to do some "girl" things.

Tyler Asbury said...

Love it- and thanks for pointing out being thankful for simply having a job- I need to just be thankful for that too! And don't stop on your decorating posts- those are fun too :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for reminding us to count our blessings. dad and I filled up a sheet of notebook paper one morning with blessings--every inch of white space--i still keep it in my Bible to remind me of how God has blessed us!