Monday, August 11, 2008

Our first visit from a friend...

This weekend we took our friend Amy to see our house and experience a few firsts in the country. I remember my first trip to Phil's hometown. He taught me how to shoot all the guns, we (I use that very loosely as I was really standing back squealing) killed a large poisonous snake with an oar (and broke the oar) all while I was wearing camo that was about 5 sizes too large. It was so much fun for me to experience all these new things and we wanted Amy to have the full experience too!

We spent the morning picking up tree limbs from the yard. There was a strong storm last weekend and we had limbs down everywhere (thankfully no damage though). We made 5 or 6 large piles and then hauled them into the woods. Amy was a trooper and didn't complain about getting dirty at all!

Phil took Amy for a ride in the woods on the camo golf cart.

After we worked in the yard, the next thing on the agenda was to teach Amy how to shoot a rifle, pistol and shotgun. I bet you've never seen anyone cross their legs while shooting a rifle!

She hit the can on her first shot!

Don't mess with Amy...she's pretty good with a rifle!

Me attempting to shoot the rifle while standing...not as successful.


Next Phil taught Amy to shoot the pistol

Sadly I can't seem to get the video of her shooting the shotgun to upload. Sorry Phil!


She also helped us paint another room, kill around 100 wasps that had decided to make their home on our porch and make decisions on flooring. We are realizing that our list of projects to turn our house into our home is growing longer and longer and it will never really be finished. Since we love projects, this is pretty exciting! We feel so blessed that the Lord has allowed us to buy our home that we plan to stay in forever so we can really put our heart into it and know that it will continue to change and grow with us.

We had a great weekend and loved having our first friend come to visit and see our house. Once we move in we hope all of our friends will want to make the trip to the country - don't worry, we won't make you work in the yard after we've moved in!

2 comments:

Kathryn Pack said...

I am not going to lie...I am terrified seeing Amy with those guns! I am going to have to be extra nice to her now....

It looks like ya'll had fun!

Anonymous said...

Ashley and Phil,
Amy had a great time with the two of you in Aliceville. Thank you for spoiling her and introducing her to the great outdoors. She couldn't brag enough about the southern hospitality and great food your family provided. She loves your new home and we appreciate how you love our daughter. Love, Mary Morriss
P.S. WE could have saved alot of money on our security system if we had known Amy could shoot a gun.