We stripped the veneer off and removed the doors and started staining. Some kind of oil had been spilled on the top that changed the color of the wood in several places. It took several coats of stain to try to even it out.
This is how it looked after we were finished staining (actually it looks a lot better in this picture than it actually did in person - we had to apply so many coats of the stain over the top to cover the bad wood that it looked more like we had painted it brown rather than stained it...that is why I felt like I needed to paint it) - we hadn't bought any knobs or pulls for it at this point, we just had these extra ones so we could get the drawer open. I still thought it was lacking something, so I decided to paint and distress it (go figure!)
4 comments:
ash- this looks great and i am loving the distressed look! cant wait to see it in person.
You did a good job. I lurrrvvve the knobs!!!
very cool - that piece could sell for a mint at an antique shop! well done!
looks great ash!! you'll have to give me some distressing tips!!
Post a Comment