Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What a Beautiful Morning

When I stepped outside this morning I was thrilled to finally feel the cool air. It's almost October and I am so ready for my favorite season - Fall. Jake and I went for a walk just as the sun was starting to shine and even in a long sleeve tshirt, I was still a little chilly. The mist coming up from the pond was so pretty. It made wish I drank coffee so I could sit on our front porch during these cool mornings and enjoy a hot drink while I read my Bible. Maybe I'll have to make some apple cider instead!

fall1

I am in full Fall mode now after a weekend trip to Smith's Wholesale Floral in Sheffield, Ala. My mother in law took me with her this weekend to their Christmas Open House so we could get ideas for the gift shop. They had designers there creating arrangements and I splurged on a few Fall/Christmas ones for our house.

This one the designer did for me.

fall3

The next two I put together after getting ideas from them. And I bought some beautiful ribbon I'll have to show you once I figure out what I am going to do with it.

fall6

fall5

I am loving all the grapevine pumpkins out there this year...this one I found at TJ Maxx and decided to use it for now on the front porch.

fall4

I planted some yellow mums in pots on the front steps, but will wait until they are in full bloom to show a picture. I also planted two flats of violas and some ornamental cabbage in the side flower bed. It was so peaceful this morning. While I was planting, the wind was blowing through the beautiful windchimes my Aunt Laura game me and even though my back was aching from bending over, I wanted to stay out there all day. Unfortunately my to-do list won't allow that. Pictures to come of the flower beds once they've taken off a little more.

Last night I made a big pot of one of my fall favorites: potato soup and munched on another fall favorite: candy corn and pumpkins!

fall2

Jake took up his spot beside me in the kitchen hoping I would drop him something to taste every now and then (which of course I did!)

jakebug

jakebug2

And here is a project I have coming up. This is the bassinet Phil slept in as a baby. We found it in storage and are planning to make a tailored skirt and bedding for it, but I'm sort of at a loss as to where to begin. (Ali, feel free to look closely and send ideas my way!)

bassinet

On Sunday, we rescued our hydrangeas from Jake's playground. He and his best friend, Bob, had torn up 3 of the 7 Nikko Blue hydrangeas I had planted in the backyard. I dug them all up and then we salvaged 3 old whiskey barrels and planted 3 of the largest hydrangeas in those. Hopefully getting them up off the ground will keep the puppies from tearing them to shreds.

hydrangeas

I'm really going to try to post again before we go to the doctor next Monday, but if I don't, please keep us in your prayers. I've been a little anxious about this ultrasound, just because if something is wrong, we will likely find out then. I'm feeling it move more and more each day so that is exciting and I am just praying that whether it is a boy or girl, it is healthy and growing strong! Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

LC said...

Ashley, I think the top weave on the basinet is perfect to weave a ribbon through...

Stacy and John said...

Praying for yall! Your house looks beautiful.

mom said...

Love your new fall decorations and pic of the mist on the pond. Praying God's blessings for you and Phil daily!

B. Yarbrough said...

I found your blog a few weeks ago and thought you might enjoy this blog.

Today is all about baby gear.

http://www.kellyskornerblog.com

I love your husband's basinet. We gave 2 boys and didn't find out the gender with either one. If you want to check out my blog you can see the boys' rooms. We used black and white in the nursery and added color later.

http://growingupwaytoofast.blogspot.com