Monday, February 1, 2010

The Deer Are Safe

Saturday was the last day of hunting season and I have to admit I am somewhat relieved! Not just because I enjoy watching the deer and hate for them to possibly be shot, but more because maybe my husband will stay in bed past 5am tg his Saturday morning, and enjoy the last times we will be able to sleep in for a long time! I know he loves the woods and while I cannot understand the draw of it, especially when it is 15 degrees outside and the wind is blowing and he comes home and only saw one doe, I know he loves it so I try not to complain. We see a ton of deer at our house though and I really love to watch them. They are so graceful and peaceful. Phil's parents gave him a game camera for Christmas and we've put it up in several places around our property and seen a lot of deer including 3 different 8 point bucks and multiple spikes and smaller bucks. He doesn't hunt on the property around our house because I like to watch them and like for them to not be afraid (that may change though if these bucks get a lot bigger next year!). He's good about only killing the really big ones - he wouldn't shoot any of these right now. Here are a few of the larger ones we've caught on camera.



So the deer are safe, for this year at least...

Nothing to report with the baby. I've come down with a cold so I haven't felt like doing much the last 2 days. I'll go back to the doctor on Thursday and will be 38 weeks Wednesday!

No comments: