
Hi. My name is Jake and I am super excited about meeting my sister...hopefully soon! Emma Cate, feel free to come meet me!

Also, here is the latest version of the Amy Butler Birdie Sling bag that I have made. I made it to be a purse/diaper bag for the spring. It's packed right now with a few outfits that we may or may not need for her for the hospital...I've heard mixed opinions on bringing clothes for her to the hospital. Some say do because the clothes they have for the baby are pretty much paper shirts and then some say don't because they'll probably get ruined in those first few days...not sure why. Any thoughts from those who have been there?
12 comments:
I brought SO many outfits, then ended up never changing J into them! Partly because he was tiny and they were all too big. Also, he was swaddled up the whole time so it didn't really matter! You probably won't need half of what you bring, but it's really nice to feel prepared. :) Excited for y'all!!
Ashley, LOVE the picture of Jake and am super impressed with the Amy Butler bag! Great job! Hope everything goes super smoothly for you guys over the next couple of weeks!
I brought a couple of things for Kylie. I did actually put her in 1 thing that I had packed but that was only for a hospital pic. I would recommend just sticking with her going home outfit and maybe one extra. But like it has already been mentioned they are swaddled the whole time...I also did not think the shirt they had Kylie in was bad it was just a plain cotton white shirt. I cannot wait to see her pics. Good luck with everything we will be praying for you guys. BTW, the bag is super cute!
Cute bag!! I would go ahead and pack a few newborn onesies or gowns just in case. My hospital had PAPER shirts...I couldn't WAIT to get it off of him. I think we changed him as soon as he got to our room lol.
I put Will in an outfit each day we were there. Nothing fancy, just zipper footed pajamas or day gowns, but nothing got ruined and he looked cute :)
I carried several footless gowns and put her in a new one each morning. She was so tiny and they were big on her, but we rolled the sleeves up. I didn't put her in one for the first several hours because I didn't want the purple stuff they put on the umbilical cord to ruin her outfit. So, I am with Laura, take the going home outfit and a couple of other really soft gowns.
EAMC had soft cotton shirts for the babies and she slept in these a lot the first few weeks she was at home. Because they were just shirts, it made it very easy to unswaddle her and change her diaper at night. When they are swaddled you don't have to put them in very much because they just radiate heat...granted we had her in September and you are having a February baby. I am pretty sure I remember Shealy saying that she loved the little cotton shirts too, especially for those early days of having Kate home. Maybe she will post about them...
Can't wait to see Emma Cate!
Hey Ashley,
We had so much fun the other night! We must do it again soon, when Emma Cate gets here!
We took a couple of little gowns and sleepers for Andrew, and he wore them starting the day after he was born. Nothing got ruined and he was looking like a cutie! (The gowns were best for easy diaper changes and easy access for his nurses.)
So excited for you! And you made it past Monday, so I guess you're ready to go! Oh, and tell Phil that Andrew says he can come hold him anytime ;)
Love the diaper bag/purse, it's too cute!
I didn't put Luke in one of his outfits except to go home, mostly b/c I was a little overwhelmed with him and that was the last thing on my mind. With Aubrey, I was much more calm and brought a few girly outfits/sleepers to put her in, I wanted to make sure that she looked like a girl! :)
Go with what is easy. shirt. diaper. swaddled. the mess on the umbil. chord will stain (good warning that I never received). I would take more than one going home outfit in case of any incidents. You have forever to play dress up with her. Remember to relax while you're in the hospital b/c holy moly...you won't have a lot of time to do that when you get home. (No lie, I stayed my extra "C-section" day after Jack even though I was told I could go home b/c I wasn't ready to face the real world yet!)
Love the pic of Jake and your darling new Spring bag! Too cute and pretty! Tell Jake I miss his wet nose in my face and tell Emma Cate I can't wait to hold her! (I love you and Phil, too :)
I took several little outfits/dresses and didn't even dress her until we headed home. Baptist Memorial had soft cotton shirts for the babies. Bailey spit up horribly so that's another reason I didn't bother to dress her while we were there. The nurses will also be checking on her quite a bit, checking her temp, umbilical cord, etc. I'm so excited for you and Phil! You will experience a whole new meaning of LOVE!
I didn't take anything for Kate except for a swaddle blanket and her going home dress. She stayed swaddled the entire time, so it didn't even matter what we put her in. They put her in a little white shirt and her diaper. It was so much easier doing that because it was easy to change her when needed. Of course, that is just what we did :)
Post a Comment