Friday, February 12, 2010

So Much for Porch Pillows

Yesterday I awoke to find what looked like a large patch of snow out in the middle of our yard. Today it is actually snowing, but yesterday there was no snow so it was really odd to see one single spot that looked covered in snow. I went out to investigate and when I got closer, it was a huge pile of white feathers.


So I'm thinking a large bird must have fallen out of the sky and splatted in our yard leaving feathers everywhere or is this the new way people roll yards...with feathers? I didn't get too close because Jake was with me and I didn't know what I would find. Phil went back out and after getting much closer, he saw scraps of fabric among the feathers...fabric that he recognized...the one pillow I had put out on the porch.

I have no idea what kind of animal would come up on our porch and snatch our pillow only to tear it to shreds in the yard. I guess it thought the feathers were an animal to eat or Phil says maybe the deer wanted a pillow to sleep on! But I'm hoping if I buy pillows with batting in them instead of feathers, they will not get eaten!

I know it has been awhile since I posted a belly picture. Forgive me, but it is so huge and I feel like a complete beast so taking pictures of myself is not high up on my list right now! I did snap a quick one in the mirror this morning before I changed out of my sweats or showered (oh wait, I still haven't done either and it's almost lunch time!)


And we got a surprise package in the mail yesterday that was so exciting! Our sweet friends from our days in Auburn who now live in New Mexico, Mandy and Jacob, sent us a beautiful quilt and burp pads that Mandy made! This picture doesn't do them justice at all...it was snapped while Jake was on the other end of the leash pulling me out the door...they are absolutely beautiful! Thank you Mandy and Jacob! We miss ya'll and hope to see you soon!


Speaking of sweet friends, I don't think I ever told you another blessing we received a few weeks ago. A young woman from our community called me and had heard I was thinking of buying a Medela breast pump, but was weighing the cost vs. benefits. She called because she had purchased one two years ago when she was pregnant with twins, but when her twins were born, she was told she could not breast feed because of medicine they put her on after some complications during their birth. She had already opened the box and therefore wasn't able to return the pump. It had been in her closet for 2 years and she wanted me to have it! I couldn't believe someone who didn't even know us was blessing us so much! Since then she has also brought me a ton of clothes with tags still on them that her little girl outgrew before she could wear! How nice is that!

Ok, so this post has been a little random so why not throw in a final picture of our furry baby :)

I should go take pictures of the snow outside...it's continuing to fall and is beautiful, but I'm having some slightly painful contractions so I think I'll wait awhile and time these...probably just false labor...I'm thinking we will end up going all the way until the 23rd and have to be induced, but maybe not :)

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

laura.murphree said...

Ashley, you look beautiful. That is too funny about the pillow! Who knew a pillow could be so entertaining for an animal. Me, Kyle and Kylie pray for you and Emma Cate every night. I cannot wait to see pics of her. Have a good Valentine's day...maybe you will get an amazing present this weekend:)

mom said...

Love your big tummy pic! There is something beautiful about a pregnant woman....the miracle of how our bodies grow to accomodate and nourish a child. And then, another miracle as she emerges from her water-world to take her first breaths and oh my gosh, this soon-to-be grandma is getting very excited!

Jim Cox said...

Yippee! I'm going to be a great uncle. Wait, shouldn't there be some kind of age restriction before you can be a great anything? Ash, I'm excited for you and Phil as well as for the grandparent's-to-be. - Uncle Jim