As you can probably tell from most of my posts, my decorating taste has always been a mix of classic / cottage / rustic...but not modern at all! I was flipping through my new Pottery Barn magazine yesterday and fell in love with this new pattern they have out.It is called "Ogee" and according to Pottery Barn it "reinvents a French damask design" but they call it "modern" so it surprised me that I love it so much.
I am trying to figure out where I can use it in our house and the only room I can think of is the sunroom. This is my favorite room in the house and will be used as my office / sewing room / spare room, but we haven't decided how we are going to decorate it yet. It has one entire wall of white shelves with a cut out in the middle that is meant for a piano to fit in, but since we don't have a piano, I am going to put my desk there. We will also put our old taupe loveseat there and a black table for my sewing area. I am trying to decide how to decorate it to pull it all together and make it a cute room (and we just painted the walls cream). 

We are planning to re-do the floors in brick pavers so I was initially thinking we may put our red buffet from Pottery Barn there and work with that color scheme (thus the red and orange Ogee pillows would be cute!) but the room also has large windows with views of the woods, so I had also thought about using greens (so maybe the green Ogee pillows would be better). One other thought: they sell the red/orange fabric by the yard so I could do something creative with it other than pillows...
We will probably also use this rug in that room that we bought at the PB Outlet and I am toying with using these curtains just to frame the sides of the windows...not cover any of the natural light.

I have always loved these pillows and have seen them in different colors at the outlets for like $10 each so I was thinking maybe just one of the patterned pillow and some solids...yes I know I tend to go for the solids.

Any thoughts? I know this is a totally random post of jumbled thoughts, but that is how my brain is working today!
3 comments:
GIRL. I'm OBSESSED with damask stuff. I think that is adorable. I'm heading over to potterybarn.com to check some of that out. We need a new comforter. Hope you're doing well!
love the color scheme! our tastes are very similar. i know how the random thoughts go... i have about 50 unfinished projects/ideas in my head, it just takes time, and $$.
I like the red and orange color scheme and I love both pillows! I have loved the ones in the last picture for ever!! i'm a lover of solids like you but if i do fall in love with a pattern i try to go with it since i like so few.
Post a Comment