Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Beautiful Kitchens

This week I've been lacking in inspiration for blogging. I haven't had any decorating projects to work on since we finished our curtains so I've been going through magazines, looking on-line and sketching, trying to figure out what we are going to do in the kitchen. The kitchen is pretty much the only room in the house that I don't have completed in my mind. Really I don't know where to start. I know the key pieces of furniture we will have in it, but that is about it. We are still planning to do brick floors and the cabinets are all white (hoping to be able to give them a distressed look).

So here are some kitchens I think are pretty...sortof the look we are going for (all from Country Living Magazine Online.

House #1:






































House #2

























House #3:






































House #4




















































So pretty! Which one is your favorite?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I think #4 is my favorite. I'm partial to neutrals :) That is so great the you have white cabinets that you like! Great to work with! Do you have any pictures of the current kitchen. I would love to see it.

The Gentrys said...

#4 is my favorite too Amanda! I do like white cabinets, but the ones in our house actually really need to be replaced. They are the white melamine cabinets (basically pressboard) and they have been there for 14 years so all of the areas where water has dripped over the years are warping...not fun...so I'm not sure what we are going to do as a quick fix since we don't have the money for a complete kitchen overhaul right now. It is a nice big space though - good bones just needs work

Stacy and John said...

#1 and #4... They are all beautiful! Good luck with finding ideas... isn't that the best part?! When you are at a blank... It will come!

Karen Isbell said...

I love the all white palate...like your mom said its very clean and simple. However, i love our golden yellow with the faux finish it is very warm...but our cabinets are not white =) I think it will look great though!