Monday, September 22, 2008

The First Day of My Favorite Season...


...Fall! I love Fall. I love the weather getting slightly cooler (but in Alabama, it's not cold which is good since I am extremely cold natured). I love the leaves changing to bright vibrant colors. I love sitting on the porch talking with Phil (will really love this when we are in our house and sitting on our real porch overlooking the yard instead of on the 3rd floor looking at the apartment pool!) I love sweaters and jeans. I love homemade hot soup. I love fresh apple cider. I love college football (Auburn in particular), especially those crisp cool night games. I love snuggling in warm blankets. I love working outside in the fall - even if it's raking leaves - just being outdoors. I love fall candles, especially Mulled Cider by Tyler. I love long walks. I love being able to keep the door next to my desk open at work and feel the fresh air.


I love this picture we took last Fall at our house. It is my desktop background at work - it helps me to get through the long work days and gives me a moment to daydream. Thank you Lord for your beautiful creation and for giving us different seasons to enjoy.


What are your favorite things about fall?

3 comments:

Beve said...

Hey Ash - Your mom got me into reading your blog! It's a super way to keep up with you.

Courtney was a bridesmaid this past weekend in a wedding in B'ham so she didn't get to go to the game. She has another wedding in January. I understand that I need to watch 27 Dresses! I know you had your share of bridesmaids dresses.

Your house is coming along great....although, I haven't quite figured out why you painted the chest that you stained! I loved it stained....not so much white....but then, it's a specific look that you are going after.

Keep on writing and sharing the pictures and I'll read on!

Love you
Miss Beve

Krisan said...

Amen sister... I love fall so much!! Glad we got to see ya'll at the tailgate!

Tyler Asbury said...

i JUST posted on fall too! Im glad I got to see yall this past weekend!