We have the bones already (white cabinets and wood floors) so I think with a few minor things we could have a similar look - replacing cabinet hardware, changing the countertops to black laminate instead of current white (I've seen some in faux slate or black granite that actually look nice and since real stone isn't in the budget nor will our cabinets support the weight of stone - remember the cabinets are melamine - this could be a good option for right now) and bringing in some stainless appliances. I would love to make a new island...that will be a project I have to tackle with my grandad. We were thinking we would use the white subway tiles...but these are pretty too.
Love this island counter top!

These bins and glass cabinets are beautiful (maybe one day)!
If I could design a kitchen completely from scratch, I'm not sure this would be it, but I like it and think it would be easy to make a slight transformation on our existing kitchen. What do you think? And what color are the walls? That is what I've struggled over most...note: the colors we've used throughout the house are neutrals and light blues and I'm thinking I may repaint the dining room "Georgia Clay" (a really nice red).
Suggestions? (I can't wait until I can post before and after photos instead of just inspirational ones...going this weekend so should have some then!
1 comment:
these went straight into my inspiration file, too! it's kind of a blank slate that could be updated and changed easily, I think.
can't wait to see how it turns out!
Post a Comment