Photo from Fox News I have to admit that I haven't been very sure about the candidates running for the presidency this year. I knew Senator Obama was probably the last person I would want to run our country, but I really wasn't fired up about Senator McCain either. Now that McCain has brought Sarah Palin on board, I couldn't be more impressed! Sarah Palin is truly inspiring. She has stood firm on her conservative principles despite the harsh criticism from the liberal media and honestly, if she was running for president, I would have to vote for her (but vice president will be good too!) I tried my hardest to stay awake last night to watch her speech, but I fell asleep about 3 minutes before she started! I read it this morning though and have seen several clips and it only added to my good impression of her. Instead of going on and on about it, I'll just ask you to read her speech http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/03/raw-data-sarah-palin-remarks-at-gop-convention/.
I'm not writing this to debate politics, this is simply my view, but I truly believe Christians need to be in prayer daily for our country ~ especially that our country will turn back to Christ and to the conservative principles we were founded upon. Please join me!
On another note, Phil is finished with his Birmingham rotation today! Yeah! Thanks to all of you who have been sweet to check on me throughout the last 5 weeks...it wasn't fun, but we are through it now! Have a great Thursday!
2 comments:
I agree - she is real cute, and I thoroughly enjoyed the speech last night. This is going to get interesting!!
I started a blog myself (the drug information center has been a huge waste of time) - krisananderson@blogspot.com - hope to see you guys soon!!
Phil,
I'm really sorry I didn't have you over for supper! Your mom told me yesterday that you were back at Auburn, and I know that makes Ashley happy. You'll just have to bring her up and we'll all have supper together when tests aren't going on and when Brant is free, too.
I read your thoughts on Sarah Palin, Ashley, and agree with you about her. I absolutely am tickled pink about this and can't get enough about reading about her! She's an awesome lady/gal/hockey mom! I think that she's the right shade of lipstick that we need in D.C.! :-)
Y'all have a good week!
Love,
Aunt Meg
Post a Comment