Monday, February 16, 2009

A few treasures!

Well I was all geared up to post about our fabulous weekend visiting my sister and brother in law in Orlando (including a free day at Disney World!), but then realized I didn't have what I needed to transfer the photos with me right now. I'll try to post about it tonight, but in the mean time, I thought I would share the little treasures I found at Heartstrings going out of business sale. They are selling everything and I wished I had gotten there sooner to pick up some of their display furniture...of course by the time I went last week, most all of it was sold. I did find this vintage drafting chair by UHL Steel that I love!
This is what I had been looking for to use as my office chair. I did some research and it seems these chairs are worth a couple hundred dollars. I paid $25, but the pump to raise the seat is broken so we are going to have to rig it up so it won't look like a child's seat (as it does in the photo). I also found this great old wooden and metal box (or at least the bottom of it!) Ok, I know it looks like junk (at least that's what Phil thinks...about both purchases actually) but it has great character! I'll probably put some plants in it or use it as a prop for photographing toddlers.

More about Orlando later! Found some fun treasures there too and got to visit the fabric store Ali loves so much! So many fun projects for the house ahead!

1 comment:

JBFerguson said...

I just love reading your blog. You are so incredibly thrifty and creative. You make me want to redo my whole house with orignal items that I have refurbished. Please keep posting your projects, I love them!!! Also, are there any local stores that have great fabric? I want some new curtains with trendy fabric, just wondering.