Thursday, February 26, 2009

Random Thursday

I've already mentioned this before, but Heartstrings (very cute but expensive boutique in Auburn) is closing its doors. With everything extremely on sale (today it's at 60% off) it has caused me to get in trouble buying little accessories for the house (I've already posted about everything I've bought...not too terribly much is it?) Now, I really don't normally buy accessories, but it seems like the closer we get to moving in, the more I am tempted by the accessories. Today was no different. My boss and I had to run in the hardware store downtown to get some keys made for the office and we just had to pop in Heartstrings next door for a quick peak at today's discount. I have had my eye on these unusual clocks since we first heard they were going out of business, but even at 60% off, they are still over $20 which is usually my limit!
I just love it though...which means no one in Auburn who reads this blog can go over there and buy the last one!!! :) Just kidding. Phil has put a stop to my accessorizing for now so I may be forced to leave it unless it's still there and they go down to 90% off or something crazy like that on the last day!

On another note...went out to our office's storage warehouse today and there were these beautiful horses grazing in the pasture. I love horses and always have. Phil and I dream of one day having one or two on our property. So I had to stop to pet them...and snap a quick pic...wishing I had my good camera with me.
And last thought for today...I am seeing signs of spring! Yesterday I almost cried when I saw blooms on these trees (no you can't really tell in this picture I took while driving by in my car...please don't use this as a judge of my photography skills!) and even bees buzzing around them! I hate bees, but I hate even worse being cold so they were a welcome sign of warmer weather approaching!

That's all for my random Thursday post. Weekend's almost here!

No comments: