On Thursday after work, we headed to Orlando for a long weekend with my sister and brother in law. They have been living there since they got married in July and this is the first opportunity we've had to visit them. It was so much fun! On Friday they showed us their favorite shopping spots around town including IKEA...our first time there! In keeping with my determination to be super organized when we move into our new house, we bought some fun storage boxes and super cheap feather pillow inserts.
I also got to visit Ali's favorite fabric store and picked up several pretty fabrics (yes I know it's a random assortment!) I also got the fabric she had found for me a few weeks back (I think I posted about it then) so I came home with a huge bag of fabric! Can't wait to start on all those projects!
My sister is good at frequenting thrift stores and finding the best things and she took me to her favorite one where we found my favorite purchase, vintage copper canisters! We both ended up with a matching set and I am so excited about them! (picture to come soon)
And now on to the part of the trip Phil said I should have started with...Disney World! Ali had a contact that worked at Disney who volunteered to get us in the park for free. He even escorted us in so we didn't have to pay for parking! We felt like celebrities :)
We got to go to their church with them on Sunday, which was great, and then after lunch, we had to get back on the road. Thank you Ali and Michael for a wonderful time! You were the best hosts and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit!
3 comments:
so much fun! I love disney world.
Not as magical??? Are you kidding me. I am not going to let John read this post-he would be disappointed in Phil :) We were the exact opposite, having more fun when we went 3 years ago than when we were little! Maybe yall should just go back with us.
Ashe, I love your pics of the parade. Did you make any of the roller coasters? I'm glad you got to enjoy Disney World.
Post a Comment