Thursday, February 5, 2009

Spring Cleaning!

It's actually somewhere around 20 degrees this morning (or at least that's what my car said when I headed into work this morning) so I know it is not spring yet...maybe I'm just getting in the cleaning mood hoping it will come sooner! I decided yesterday that I am going to go through every clutter spot in our apartment and get it all cleaned out before we move. If you know me, you know I HATE clutter! I love for everything to have a place and be clean and organized. Of course in the busyness of everything, there are always those places where you stash things...clutter. I am determined not to bring any clutter into our house. So last night I tackled both closets, under our bed, my storage chest and under our bathroom sink. A few hours later I had three full bags of trash and two full bags to donate to the thrift store.

I also picked up an over the door shoe organizer that has plastic pouches for 20+ pairs of shoes. I realized that will all my shoes in boxes, not only did they take up more space, but I also had forgotten about several pairs of shoes that I really loved wearing! As I was tossing out the shoe boxes, I realized I could reuse them to help with my need for organization. I decided to keep the ones that were in good shape and either cover them with pretty wrapping paper or fabric and use them for pretty storage (I'll let you know how those turn out).

Next on the list, clean out under the guest bed, the entry closet and the file cabinet. Hopefully I'll tackle those tonight!

Sorry this is a pretty boring post, and no pictures, but maybe it will inspire you to start cleaning out the clutter too! Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

kpmantooth said...

I love it! We've moved the furniture in three rooms over the past month, and I LOVE it for organization and cleanliness purposes! You GO girl! :)