Thursday, February 11, 2010

Quick Update

Sorry...no fun pictures with this one. Just wanted to give a quick update from my appointment today. Still no progress. We asked about inducing next week, but my doctor said she would rather wait until the next week. She said it was up to us, but she told us her reasons for preferring to wait until a week after the due date to induce...longer, harder labor with inducing and higher chance of C-section. So we are scheduled to be induced a week from next Tuesday (the 23rd) if Emma Cate hasn't decided to grace us with her presence before then! That will be almost a week after our due date so we are hoping she'll go ahead and come on her own before then, but trying to be patient! I go back next Wednesday (on our due date) for a regular appointment.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers!

4 comments:

The Elliotts said...

As hard as it may seem right now, you will not regret waiting as long as possible to be induced. The harder, more intense labor is no joke. My intention was to do natural, but with the pitocin it was impossible (although I did go 8of my 15 hour labor without an epidural:). About 12 hours in, there was some talk about a c-section because Avery wasn't moving downward...but in the end it all worked out. If possible, I plan to go into labor all own my own next time!

I know time seems to be creeping right now, but get ready it is about to fly! I am so excited for you guys...Emma Cate is going to add more to your life than you could have ever imagined!

Karen Isbell said...

Great advice from your dr. All my friends who have been induced have had long hard labors that usually ended in C-sections! Praying that she will come soon!

Courtney said...

I second what the other girls are saying. I gave in to having an induction before my due date (I was 4 cm) and although it ended in a regular delivery...they were very close to calling it. I would definitely wait next time. Hoping with you that Emma Cate comes soon!!

mom said...

Ashley, I'm reading your favorite chapter in the Bible tonight & thinking of you! Psalm 139--"you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, you eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be..." God has woven together this little angel you'll call Emma Cate. He knows the exact hour of her birth and will be with you each step of the way. I love you and am praying for you! You will be a wonderful mommy. You have been a blessing to us every single day of your life and this little girl will be the same for you and Phil!