
We saw the doctor today. It was somewhat eventful, but everything turned out fine. Her heart rate was a little high when they checked it the first time so I had to be hooked up to the monitor for 20 minutes to see if it stayed high. It was a scary 20 minutes for us (thankfully Phil was with me today), but it came back down to normal and looks like she was just very active when they checked it the first time, causing it to spike, which they said is completely normal. I hadn't really made any progress...only dialated 1 cm...but my doctor was also concerned that she may be breech. Last week they were 100% sure she was head down, but this time it wasn't clear. So we got to have a quick ultrasound! She is head down so that is good (although if she was breech they were going to go ahead and schedule a C-section for next week) but now we are just waiting! The ultrasound tech was really nice and spent a lot of extra time trying to locate between her legs just to verify one more time that she is in fact a girl! Which she is! She also printed us some pictures of her face. It was hard to see much because she is VERY squished in there, but we could make out the lines of her eyes, nose and mouth. It didn't tell us much about how she looks, but it was fun to see her again! The ultrasound tech said she thought it wouldn't be much longer because she was completely out of room and probably wasn't very comfortable. I'm going to start walking on the treadmill for at least 30+ minutes every day from here on out to see if we can get things going!
So that's the update! We are just hanging out for now and enjoying our last few days as a family of 3 (counting Mr. Jakers of course!)
5 comments:
Hang in there, Ashley. I know those last couple of weeks can be really hard (mostly due to the anticipation and lack of sleep). At my 37 week appointment with Sarah, my OB said I was 2 cm dilated and could give birth at any moment. So I called work and told them I would be taking off early. Sarah didn't finally make her appearance until 2 weeks AFTER her due date (all in God's timing). God has very special plans for your sweet Emma Cate and you and Phil will be wonderful parents. Hang in there and enjoy these last few "quiet" days.
Woo hoo!! We're praying for you guys. Can't wait to meet her :) ~Mandy
We'll be praying for a safe delivery and a healthy mommy and baby. We're excited for y'all. It's going to be a while before we can even think "baby". Can we live vicariously through y'all for a while? :)
Ashley, love you! Hang in there. You are going to be the best mom ever! I will give you a call this weekend. Mac and I have been thinking about yall!
Goodness, it's getting so close! I can't wait to see your little angel's pic on here :-) Ah, the suspense...
Post a Comment