I have been trying to be economical with my decorating...especially lately because the beautiful rug we bought used up most of the "pad" in our checking account! A few months ago, I bought some beautiful fabric (when Hancocks was having one of their big sales) to make curtains for the dining room. I've been hesitant to start them because I felt like I needed a little practice before I started cutting up this nice fabric so I borrowed my mother in laws sewing machine and made a table runner, hemmed some pants etc...just to get comfortable with sewing. When I told my sweet grandmother what I was doing, she decided I needed to have my own sewing machine! She found a man in Vicksburg (where she lives) that repairs old machines and bought a wonderful old Singer.
It sews better than any machine I've ever seen and I absolutely love it! My grandmother believes that the old machines are the best ones and after sewing on it for a week, I completely agree! I was still a little nervous about sewing on the nice material so I found some pretty fabric at Walmart the other day for $1 a yard and bought enough to make 6 panels for our kitchen bay window. I've been working on them as I've had time this week and finally finished last night. I don't have a window to hang them on at the apartment, but I'll post them once I hang them at the house...it may be a little while :( Now on to the next project!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago
4 comments:
Ash- you are a machine! I can't believe all that you are getting done- that is awesome! And I am jealous of that sewing maching- I bet it is awesome!
you guys are cracking me up with all these projects. i wish i had that desire!
the fabric that is similar is waverly harmonics essence quartz. JoAnn Fabrics has it online I just couldn't get the link to paste here. Just go to JoAnn's website and then look under waverly harmonics collection
You are so precious! Buying an old machine is so something my grandmother would have done. We still only use hers- for their is no machine made like it! Loving keeping up with you and Phil! Come over with ML and Court sometime! Love, Alley
Post a Comment