Last night when I got home, Phil and I decided to take a walk around campus. We are getting a little sentimental about our time at Auburn ending soon, even though we are super excited about the new season we will be starting in our life! Anyway, we were getting close to downtown and decided to walk over to Heartstrings to peek in the window and see if the clock was still there. We knew they were already closed for the day, but I still wanted to just check. My heart sank when I saw that it was gone and so were the 2 smaller ones like it! I couldn't believe they had all sold in one afternoon...sad! Later when we got home, I was making dinner and said something else about the clock and how I couldn't believe it had sold...I was really hoping it would be there until the last day when they were on extreme sale...and Phil came up behind me in the kitchen and said, "Are you talking about this clock?" and held up the Heartstrings bag! I couldn't believe it! I know you are thinking that I probably knew he had gotten it when it was gone, but I seriously didn't! He had been so adamant that we could not get it that I was completely shocked! It was a wonderful surprise from a truly wonderful husband!!!
On another note, I think I spoke too soon about the signs of spring...the weather forcast this morning said possible snow here on Sunday! Brrrr!
4 comments:
Ahhhh, Phil! You've raised the standard for the rest of our husbands... and we love you for that!
I want you to know that on Thursday I held that clock in my hand for almost 30 minutes as I was browsing around, and then decided it was too expensive and had to put it back... all that to say that it is destiny for you to have it and I'm glad it's you!! I can't wait to see what you do with it!
Love the clock! Way to go Phil!
So sweet!
Post a Comment